InfraGard is a FBI-affiliated nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to the protection of the United States and the American people. InfraGard membership comes with great responsibility. We value active members who are willing to devote their time, effort and talent to accomplishing a very worthwhile mission.
In order to maintain a level of trust within the membership, all applicants undergo a records check performed by the FBI. Applications are screened according to defined criteria and then passed to the local chapter for final processing. Upon approval, members will have FBI security clearance for Law Enforcement Sensitive/FOUO information. Please note that applicants for InfraGard membership must be individuals, not organizations.
Individuals working in the following capacities may be well suited for membership:
- Public and Private Sector Critical Infrastructure Owners/Operators Representing the 16 Critical Infrastructure Sectors
- Executive management
- Physical security management and personnel
- Information security/information technology management and personnel
- Allied personnel (legal, HR, disaster recovery, emergency planning, communications, etc.)
- Strategic Partners
- Local, state and federal law enforcement
- Government agencies (e.g. MPO’s, Transit Agencies, Cities, Special Districts, etc.)
- Other first responders (Fire, EMS, etc.)
- Military members
- Academic Institutions/Research Institutions
Benefits of Membership
- Access to InfraGard’s secure web portal, featuring a comprehensive suite of threat intelligence products and daily news feeds from the FBI, DHS and other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Quarterly chapter meetings featuring top subject matter experts and timely counter-terrorism and security topics.
- Invitations to InfraGard seminars, conferences and tabletop exercises throughout the year.
- FBI and other government agency presentations at member events.
- Subscription to our quarterly digital magazine, The Executive Journal of InfraGard San Diego
- Access to a wealth of information and upcoming events via the InfraGard San Diego weekly newsletter.
- Enrollment in InfraGard’s Infrastructure Liaison Officer (ILO) Basic Course, a full day program providing an awareness of threats to critical infrastructure.
- Access to select training courses offered by our partners at the San Diego Law Enforcement Coordination Center.
- Peer-to-peer collaboration and networking with other companies representing critical infrastructure. Quick Fact: 350 of our nation’s Fortune 500 have a representative in InfraGard.
- Receive time-sensitive, infrastructure-related security information from government sources such as the FBI and DHS.
- Best of all, there is no cost to join InfraGard San Diego.*
*There are no dues required as a condition of membership. Members are advised however that there are costs associated with providing a quality experience. InfraGard San Diego invites our members to consider contributing through our Friends of InfraGard program.